Monday, September 7, 2009

Purging and Cleansing

Purging - My sister came in to town this weekend...and I have to admit, she looks amazing. She has worked very hard and has lost 70 pounds by eating right and exercising. I am very proud of her, but I have to admit there is some jealousy too. She is working on getting new clothes to fit her new body, so I made the decision to pull out my "skinny boxes" of clothes and let her go through them. It's been almost 3 years since I've worn most of these outfits and it is such a waste to have them sitting in a box. I have to say, she made out with a haul of new clothes. There are several pieces that I definitely want back, but for the most part, I will probably want new clothes when I finally get to my goal. So, it is a good feeling to help out my sister and let go of the past for me. Yes, I hope to be back to that size in the near future, but I am a different person now than I was then, so it is time to move on.

Cleansing - While my sister was here, she talked me into starting a cleanse. No, it isn't the nasty 'maple syrup and cayenne pepper cleanse', but is an extreme cleanse none the less. Today is day 1 and if I make it the whole way through it, it will last 10 days.



The cleanse is from a book called Perfect Weight America by Jordan Rubin. I have to admit, I have not read the book. But from what I can gather this guy is pretty hard core and radical. For now, the only part of the book I am using is the cleanse portion, but I might venture into other areas at another time.

The steps of the cleanse are easy and if you are interested, let me know and I'll fill you in on all the details. Along with the changes to my diet, I am also taking the Perfect Cleanse supplements that are recommended. Brief TMI moment for you....I have been peeing and pooping all day long. But I guess that is the purpose of a cleanse...to clean out the internal pipes!


So, day 1 down...9 more to go!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

SO you do not eat for like 9 days but cleanse? I think you are crazy I still like you but your crazy... please do not pass out on me!

Kelly said...

I might need to check this out more closely! You fill me in as you go!! Good luck! :)


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved