Friday, July 30, 2010

30 Day Challenge, Day 1

FAVORITE SONG is the first thing I need to talk about for the 30 day challenge. Favorite songs are weird though. For me, a song can define a part in my life and where I am at that particular time, so picking one that is my "favorite" is difficult.

I've selected two and thought I would share them with you. The first one, I actually shared when I started this blog in 2008. It is "Freckles" by Natasha Bedingfield. I love what this songs says. When I listen to this song, I not only think about the journey I have been on, but I also think about my daughter and all of the other girls and women in my life who find so much fault in themselves. Please listen to the song and reflect on it's meaning. We are each individuals and our "flaw" make us who we are.



The second song is "Finally" by Fergie...an absolutely beautiful song. (Disclaimer: I am about getting really sapping...so bear with me) This song makes me reflect on the years Tony and I have had together. We have seen some really tough time in the 18 years we've been together. Times where we both sabotaged our possible happiness. Luckily, we were able to find a place in our marriage where Christ was at the center and we were no longer trying to do it alone. That is what this song means to me.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I was not familiar with either of those songs (yes, I live under a rock). Thank you for sharing! I love them both!

Natalie said...

Great choices! I love both of those! I like this challenge you are doing, it's fun!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved