Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I've Been Grounded

Tony has officially grounded me from late night activities.
I now have a curfew with little or no exceptions. Why? you ask.

Well, last week, I was out late several nights (and by late I mean past 10 and getting to bed after 11 or even later). Tuesday night I went to The Color Purple with mom...Wednesday I ran errands all evening and then was up late reading, Thursday I went to the JH meeting and was up late again, and Friday I was scrapbooking with friends until midnight, went to Wal-Mart to get groceries after and then stayed up reading...AGAIN.


You would think that one full day of rest would be sufficient right...well, not for me. In fact, I slept most of each day...Saturday, Sunday and Monday. It is 100% obvious that my body is not going to recover quickly from this type of activity anymore. In fact, it won't even recover at a typical rate. Because here it is Wednesday and I am still tired. So, Tony has officially laid down the law and said no more.

But I do have to agree with him, cause this affects all of us. It's hard to be a wife and mother when sleep is the only thing my body will let me do.


On top of the tiredness, when my body shut downs like this, I have more and more dizzy spells. It is not uncommon for me to feel generally dizzy all day long. And that just isn't safe.

I hate that it has gotten to this, but I am going to have to turn into a little bit of a hermit and limit the extracurricular activities that I take part in. I still plan to do the things I enjoy, I just have to be smart about it.

2 comments:

Crystal Clear As Mud said...

Girl, I don't even know how you did all of that, I know I wouldn't be able to!! David and I turn into pumpkins every weeknight at 10pm and on the weekends we don't even stay up past midnight. I would be soooooo tired if I were you too, feel better! :)

Kelly said...

I could definitely tell you weren't feeling well last night!!

Love the new blog background!! Where did you get it??


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved