Thursday, July 21, 2011

Distractions


I mentioned in a post last week that I have had some major procrastination issues at work lately. I've narrowed it down to more than just mere procrastination. I've decided that I am overly distracted.

First of all, I am constantly thinking about POTS and how to beat it. I do random web searches at least 3-4 times a week. Always hoping that something new will be out there and a great cure will have been found.

I am also distracted by all of the media around me. Email...books...blogs...websites...I can't get enough of them and when I want to do them, I very hard time focusing on my work. I've decided that over the last few years this has caused me to have ADD. There is nothing wrong with multi-tasking, but I swear if I try to do it too much more, my brain is going to explode.

Then there is the never ending list of things I want to get done at home. When I am at work, all I can think about is getting those things done...but do they ever done when I am at home...of course not!

Then of course JH is a huge distraction. I love everything JH. I feel like it gives me purpose outside of my family (if that makes any sense?). So, when I find so much joy in something, I want to be doing it all the time. Couldn't this be something I could get paid to do. I think it would be a perfect fit.

Anyways, all of these things haunt my thoughts night and day. So, when I have work to do, it usually gets put on the back burner. And then, in the 11th hour, when I have no other choice, I have to bust my butt and work crazy, wack hours just to get all done. And then the cycle starts back over.

I sure hope one of you can relate to this and I am not just going crazy out here on my own deserted island.

1 comment:

Practical Traci said...

Yes, I can absolutely relate. I have days where I do one thing at a time and I then work to outsource some of my tasks to keep my sanity. I've also gotten really good at saying NO.


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved