Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Whirlwind Weekend

Saturday morning, Tony and I hit the road to go pick up the kiddos at my sister's house. They had a great time with my sister and her family, but I think they were happy to see us. I couldn't get enough of their kisses and hugs.

That evening, my sweet niece, affectionately known as Baby V, was baptized (my sister is Catholic).


Although Tony and I are the godparents in my Robin's and Vince's hearts, the Catholic Church won't recognize us as such, so we were merely witnesses to their commitment.


Even though this isn't a practice that we take part of in Church of Christ, I am glad we were present for it and will do our best to help my sister raise Veronica in the church.


Sunday afternoon, we hit the road to head back home.


It was a fast turn around trip for sure...but I am glad I still had Monday off and could enjoy the day.

To celebrate the 4th, I made red, white and blue pancakes for breakfast.


(I have always enjoyed putting food coloring in different things and playing with my food.)

We saw Cars 2 yesterday afternoon and it was a cute, cute movie. We all really enjoyed it.


Then last night, we sat in a parking lot to watch the City of Moore fireworks. They were really pretty, but it sure was hot. I really think we should get the day after the 4th off work too, but I don't make the rules.

Hope your fourth was fantastic. I also hope you are luckier than I am and get more time off work this week than I do.

No comments:


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved