Friday, July 8, 2011

Wine and Canvas


For Mother's Day, I bought gift certificates for Mom and I to do a Wine and Canvas event together. What's more fun than a little creativity, wine (or southern wine...iced tea...in my case) and some time with my momma.

So...Mom and I picked Monet's Venice.


We literally started with a blank canvas. I have to admit, I am by far an artist. But my mom and sister are both very gifted in this area. So, it was a little intimidating.




But the night was fun and the finished products aren't bad at all. And you know what...my painting may not be perfect, but it also won't be hanging in a museum next to the original.




“The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.” Julia Cameron

If you are interested in going to a Wine and Canvas event, you can click HERE to get to their website or click HERE for their Facebook page.

4 comments:

Katie Elizabeth said...

Awww that is the cutest thing ever! I would totally enjoy a day like that. It definitely looks like you and your mom enjoyed your day together & both of your painting are beautiful :)

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com

mistymadisonjo said...

I think you guys did a great job. How beautiful!!

Thompson 5 said...

That sounds like so much fun!! Great job ladies!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,
This is Marie from Wine and Canvas OK and I justed wanted to say THANK YOU!!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved