Monday, October 17, 2011

Catch-up Countdown

I've been gone for so long, it would be virtually impossible (and a little boring) to do a post for each thing I would typically share with you. So, instead, I am going to do a Top 10 Countdown of the things that have happened in the last two weeks.

10. I read the book Twenty Times a Lady and then saw the loosely adapted movie What's Your Number. I loved them both, but the book and movie are not the same.


9. Breaking Dawn: Part 1 tickets went on sale! We have a group of 12 going this time around and we will be enjoying it in the Warren Balcony...of course! I am uber-excited and cannot wait to see this movie.


8. Our family saw the movie Courageous! It is a fantastic movie. It was developed and produced by the same group that made Facing the Giants and Fireproof. I feel so blessed by these movies and hope you have seen them all!


7. The company I work for has closed out Fiscal Year 2011. So along with closing out a crazy number of revenue entries, I was having to work absurd hours to get it all done. The lack of sleep has done a number me and I am still recovering.

6. Ashton's 5th Grade class is preparing for a week long trip to Camp Classen. Each student will cost $250, so in an effort to help parents offset the cost, we've been selling World's Finest Chocolate! Yum! YUM! I am happy to report, that we have officially sold 10 boxes and thanks to the help of family and friends, we will not be paying anything out of pocket for her to get to go.


5. I've done some Halloween decorating.

4. I am working on redecorating some in my home, but I am re-purposing things that I already have. Decorating on a budget. So, if you come over, you may see some "holes" in my decorations...just look around, you might find it being used some place else.

3. One such re-purposing is a Mirror Make-over. Check it out!


2. The kids and I saw the movie Footloose with our friends, Misty and Madi, on Saturday night! Let me tell you...this movie is FABULOUS! I have to confess, I was not going to see it. Who remakes such a classic movie like Footloose? Well, it was so much fun to watch. I smiled, sang and danced in my chair the entire movie! So. Much. Fun!


1. We had our family pictures taken in Bricktown yesterday. My friend Misty is working to build a photography business and she has such a very talented eye for it. I can't wait to see how they turned out...here is a sneak peek.


Now, that you are all caught up on my last few weeks of life, I will hopefully start feeling better and can stay caught up on my blogging.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

AWESOME countdown!!
1. I L.O.V.E. your family picture!!
2. I agree, Courageous was amazing! I would be bawling my eyes out and then crack up laughing. Great movie!
3. I cannot wait to see Footloose. I had my doubts but have heard nothing but rave reviews.
4. How awesome that Ashton's way is paid for!
5. I hope you feel better soon! Praying for you!
6. I cannot wait to see Breaking Dawn.
7. I've missed your posts! (in case you couldn't tell!)
Have a great week!

mistymadisonjo said...

I am telling everyone to go see the movie. We had such a great time!

As far as pictures go, you guys are soooo much fun to work with. It is easy to get good pictures with such a FAB U LOUS looking family!!

greygillfish said...

Beautiful family photo! I love you red hair!

I am dying to see footloose.


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved