Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our Christmas Wrap-up

First of all, I hope each and every one of you had a fantastic Christmas. Our was wonderful!

Friday night we celebrated with my family. My parents, my sis, b-i-l, V, and Collin all came over for some present sharing and yummy BBQ. We go to see Baby V open her first Christmas present...she was so cute. The older kids were "cute" too, but not near as precious as V.





Christmas Eve was pretty uneventful. Tony was working so the kids and I visited my friend Misty and her family. Misty had foot surgery on Friday (yes, the Friday of Christmas weekend...yikes) and she is pretty much confined to a chair. We took them a meal and just visited with them for a while. Other than that, I got lots of rest and just napped off an on all day since I wasn't feeling real great.

Christmas morning, we opened presents when Tony got home from work. It is always amazing to me how quickly the present opening goes...months and months of preparation and it is over in the blink of an eye. Later that morning, we spent Christmas with Tony's family and then in the afternoon went to his grandmother's.



Ashton's favorite gift was a 25 lb. slab of clay that Quinn bought for her through his art teacher. She has already made three different pots and can't wait for them to dry and get fired. I think that clay will be the gifts that lasts a year...25 lbs is A LOT.

We typically see a movie on Christmas Day, but not this year. Instead we relaxed it up and rented a couple of movies from Blockbuster. I was very pleased with the movie we watched...Seven Days in Utopia.


This was a great uplifting and surprisingly spiritual movie...I would've sworn it was produced by the same folks who did Fireproof...but nope. Either way, this is a great family film and I highly recommend it.

Well, that sums up our holiday weekend. I am looking forward to another long weekend and ringing in 2012.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

What a special gift from big brother! Just the few craft posts I've seen about Ashton's creativity (which she obviously gets from her crafty mom!) I can only imagine all that she'll make! What a fun weekend!
I've been wondering about that movie. mitiGlad to hear good things!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved