Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Got Pumpkins?

I cannot believe tomorrow is Halloween.  Ashton has always loved to carve pumpkins and I usually drag my feet when it comes to buying the pumpkins.  Not because I don't want to, but it is always so hot in Oklahoma that if you buy them and carve them too soon, they rot.  And that is just gross.

Last year I waited too long and we could not find any pumpkins...she was so darn mad at me.  Well, the same exact thing almost happened this year.  I waited...said no, let's wait...and waited some more.  So, yesterday I asked Tony to run to Wal-Mart and get a few pumpkins.  As soon as my cell phone rang, I had a dreadful feeling.  I knew what he was gonna say before he said it.  NO PUMPKINS!  So, I sent him to a second place.  Nope...still NO PUMPKINS!

I knew there was no way I could come home without a pumpkin...so I left work early and headed to the couple of places I thought might still have a couple of pumpkins.  The first place has ONE!  Yep...I bought it even though it was crazy overpriced and not really the best shaped pumpkins.  The second place still had a slew of them, so I grabbed two more (over priced) pumpkins.





Now, pumpkin carving is not my thing.  So you will never see me in the pictures.  I hate the goop, the yuk, the smell...I hate it all.  But I love that my kids and hubby enjoy it. 
I guess I can be a super mom for one more Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Crystal Clear As Mud said...

I LOVE carving pumpkins!! In fact, I haven't decided if I'm going to carve mine tonight or tomorrow because they do rot pretty quickly after you cut into them. I'd fit right in with your fam! ;)

Kendra said...

How fun are you?! Looks like a fun family time, even with older kids! I don't either and for now my kids are happy painting them.


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved