Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sick, Sick, Sick

Have you ever been so sick that you would try just about anything to make yourself better?  Well, that was me last week.  I had a low fever, all kinds of gunk, major sinus pressure, coughing, sneezing, achiness...you name it, I think I had it.

So last Monday, I went to the doctor.  My allergies were fine...I didn't have strep...but my white blood count was seriously low.  So low, that my doctor wants me to come back in three more weeks to get it checked again.  In the meantime, he put me on an antibiotic and told me to rest. 

But by Friday night I was still miserable.  On a previous Pinterest browse, I had saved a natural detoxification bath...click HERE to view it.  The site said to add peroxide and ginger to the bath and to soak for 30 minutes.


So, I added the ingredients and enjoyed a nice "ginger fragrant" bath.  Be prepared to rinse out the tub afterwards though...man it sure was yucky! 


I'm not 100% sure it helped, by Sunday evening I was finally better.  So, either it helped or I was on the brink of getting better anyways.  I will try this again, but I will make sure and do it sooner.   

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I'm glad you are better! It's been a house of sickies here with the kids so it will be my turn next week I'm sure. I may have to try this.


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved