Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What I'm Up to Wednesday

With all of the stress at work, I've found that I need to use the creative side of my brain to relieve some of the "pressure".  So, a few weeks ago, I buckled down and cleaned my craft room.  It was a pit too.  And the biggest problem was just my lack of putting things back when I'm done.


But now that it is clean, I've been able to stretch my creative side some.  I could find no better use of my creativity than making things for Nicole's birthday.  Have you heard of Happy Mail?  If not, click HERE...basically anything less than 13oz can be mailed through the USPS.  You wouldn't believe the stuff that can be mailed.  So, I got busy and sent her several fun packages throughout the week of her birthday.  Of course, I didn't take pics...ugh!  But here are some that inspired me.




I am most excited about her "main" present though.  You know that Nicole and I share a passion for books, so when I came across booksi by Rich Neeley Designs on Etsy, I knew I would eventually have to get one for her.  While I was at her house visiting, I noticed that she charges her cell phone in the kitchen, so the books needed to be yellow.  I worked with the Neeley's and this is what we came up with.....



I like it, but it just didn't have that "wow" factor like some of their other books.  But because of wanting the bright yellow, I was pretty limited.  So I had it shipped to my house and I gussied it up a bit.  I love how it turned out and can't wait to see it in action.




Rich Neeley Designs offered a discount code for you guys...if you use the link below and enter my email address in the notes section of your order than you'll get 15% off your booksi.  You have to use the link and the discount code displayed...and for me to get referral credit you have to put my email in the note.

http://richneeleydesigns.refr.cc/SQ27NHM

Here are some pictures of my other favorites designs that they have.  It's gonna be hard to decide when I finally make my order.



Anyways...back to the reason for the post.  It has been wonderful to be creative and to let myself feel the energy that can flow.  Now I just need to keep it up so I don't get over stressed. 

3 comments:

Kari said...

ha, my mother in law just sent me a text the other day about this. She's crazy about To Kill a Mockingbird...and I just realized we haven't bought a present for her yet, so thanks!

Kendra said...

What fun ideas!! You are so creative and a dear friend, I know Nicole had to feel so special.
And your creative space looks great!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

You're so creative! Want to send some of that creativity my way... I think I lack the creative gene lol.


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved