Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What I'm Up to Wednesday

I'm sorry I've left you hanging for the last two weeks.  Initially, I wasn't in a position to tell you what was happening.  Then when I could, I still hadn't processed it enough to know what to say.  I'm still not sure, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

About a month ago, my boss told us that there would be a forced headcount reduction across our company.  At the time, we weren't sure if our team would be impacted.  However, the hives that I broke out into that night told a different story.  I really just felt like it was gonna be me.  Then two weeks ago, I got the individual call from my boss.  Effective June 30, I will no longer be working for the company that has employed me for the last 15+ years. 

I've gone through a myriad of emotions.  Sometimes I would rather just sleep...cause when I am sleeping, this isn't really happening.  I go through moments where not a thing has changed and moments where I am so down I'm not sure if it is possible for even more tears to continue to flow.

Things have changed so much since I last looked for a job.  Seriously...the last job I applied for was a hand written application and I actually got to shake some one's hand.  I've probably applied for about 15 or so jobs and been rejected for 1/3 of those already.  I can't start over at an entry level job.  I'm overqualified and need more money than entry level has to offer.  But my degree is in elementary education and I work in the business field.   

Tony and I have discussed where cuts will be made if it comes to that.  I have a month and half to hopefully find something so I can walk out of this job and right into the next one.  Pray that my job search will be swift and I will find something that makes me happy!  Cause if I really want to be honest, I haven't been happy in this job for about the last 4'ish years.  Maybe this is the swift kick in the butt that I need to make a change.  

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Becky, I am sorry for all you are going through. I will pray for you and your family during this time of transition.

Kari said...

This sucks Becky! I'll look around OU and see if there's anything. They've been good to me.

Girl On a Journey said...

I am sorry to hear all that you are struggling with. I left my previous job after 15 years as well and been at my current 6 1/2 years. I left there with a kick to my pants too. I went through a rough transition but, love where I am now with my own office and little pressure. I pray great things are ahead for you and your family.


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved