Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Book Talk Tuesday

I bought this book about four years ago and didn't hesitate to buy it...I mean that cover photo is just gorgeous.  But for some reason, I was never drawn to actually pick it up and read it.  Until this last week...and I am glad I finally did.  The story was a lot of fun and kept me pretty engaged.  It was a little predictable at the end, but I still enjoyed it and liked how the story turned out.

from barnesandnoble.com
Inspired by the classic folk ballad "Scarborough Fair," this is a wonderfully riveting novel of suspense, romance and fantasy.  Lucy is seventeen when she discovers that she is the latest recipient of a generations-old family curse that requires her to complete three seemingly impossible tasks or risk falling into madness and passing the curse on to the next generation.  Unlike her ancestors, though, Lucy has family, friends, and other modern resources to help her out.  But will it be enough to conquer this age-old evil?


No comments:


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved