Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Little Too Much Like Oz



You can tell it's May in Oklahoma when more than 30 tornadoes touch down in one day! I love the weather in May but hate the tornadoes that come with it.

Monday night, we had our first major event. They were predicting it to hit the metro area about 5pm, so I left work at 4pm since I had a few errands to run. The bad part was my cell phone had died during the day and I didn't have my charger. So, instead of being responsible and just going home, I still ran my errands. By the time I got home, the storms were just hitting our area and Tony and the kids were pacing the floor.

Ten minutes after I walked in the door, the tornado sirens were sounding and were heading to the bathroom. We listened to the TV up until the power went out...shame on us, but we don't have a battery operated radio...so we were 'in the dark' from then on out.

When we finally emerged from the bathroom, we found that our trampoline had flown into our neighbors yard. On it's way over, it broke a fence panel, so we get to use the wonderful emergency fund to replace it. (But thank goodness we have an emergency fund now!!!)





While the power was out, all of our neighbors convened outside and our neighbor across the street told us just how close it had come to hitting our neighborhood. He said he was on his back porch and saw a tornado touch down in a field about 150 yards southwest of our house. CRAZY! That is a little too close for my liking.

Anyways, I hope this is as exciting as it gets for our tornado season this year. My heart goes out to all the families that lost loved ones or their homes. They are all in my thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Crystal Clear As Mud said...

That's crazy about one of the tornadoes being so close to your house! And I'm sorry about your trampoline...but, on a happy note you look fab in your new picture! :)

greygillfish said...

Scary that it came that close to you.

You look amazing in your new photo! Beautiful! I am getting my camera ready!

Shyla said...

We're also super glad it wasn't any closer. Glad you found your trampoline!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved