Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Collaboration of Talents

Our church youth group takes a mission trip to Honduras each year. Throughout the year, they do several different fund raising activities. This year, they are doing a live and silent auction. They asked members of our congregation to donate items to be sold. My friend, Kelly, said she really wanted the two of us to make a canvas. I was very hesitant at first. I have never made a random project like this. Every time I do a project like this, I have a particular person in mind for it and so I am inspired by the relationship I have with that person. After a couple weeks of prodding, I agreed to work with Kelly on a canvas for the auction. The picture below is what we have come up with! I am so happy with it! It is gorgeous and I learned a very valuable lesson...it is okay to let others help and not to be in control of EVERYTHING! (Kelly, I hope you know God used you this week. He used you to teach me how to trust Him!!! I love you!)

I pray that the auction goes well and will raise an abundance of funds for our group going to Honduras this year!!!

3 comments:

Jeana said...

Oh guys, I love it! It turned out so awesome! You will make someone so happy!!! They better get their wallets out, hehe!!

Abbie H. said...

that looks great Becky!!!

prbert66 said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I saw it tonight at church and WOW is all I can say. I'll have CB's wallet out on this one.


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved