Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Same Kind of Different As Me

On Sunday evening, I finished reading Same Kind of Different As Me. I was about half way through the book when I started reading that night and I ended up reading until after midnight. I just couldn't put it down.

This book was inspirational, moving and downright a joy to read. It's the true story of an international art dealer/millionaire and how his wife influences him to be friends with a homeless man who was a modern day slave from Louisiana. I laughed out loud while reading this book and I cried tears that were uncontrollable.

This is a must read for EVERYONE! They are even making this book into a movie. It is supposed to be released in 2010.

1 comment:

Jodi Hughes said...

Thank you for posting a review of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” I work with Thomas Nelson, and we would love to follow your blog and hear what readers think of this exciting book. I also want to let you know that Ron and Denver have just released a new book “What Difference Do It Make?” which updates readers on their activity since the last book came out. Please contact me if you are interested in receiving a complimentary copy of the new book for review on your site.

Thanks!

Jodi Hughes
pubintern@thomasnelson.com


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved