Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So Much to Say....

It has been a long while since I posted last..."so, please let me splain...no, no time for that, let me sum up!"
Sorry to my avid readers....hehehe. Lots of things have happened that I need to catch you all up on...

My gall bladder surgery was last week. It went very well. The night after the surgery I felt great! I even sat in the livingroom and talked to my friend Kelly when she brought dinner over (of course, I was only eating crackers at this point). Then, the pain hit on day 2, Tuesday. Pam brought dinner over that night and I wasn't up to near as much chatting. Sorry Pam. Thanks to both Kelly and Pam for taking care of my family while I was doped up on so much pain medicine. It was so sweet of you guys to take care of us!

Wednesday, Tony and I celebrated our 14th Wedding Anniversary. Of course, being doped up on pain meds, I wasn't up to much celebrating, so we just caught up on our TV shows that were recorded on our DVR.








On Friday, Tony and I ventured out of the house to go see Star Trek...kind of a late anniversary outing. The movie was AWESOME! And I am NOT, I repeat NOT, a trekkie, but this movie was fabulous. I can't wait to own it on DVD.



Then on Friday afternoon, my girlfriends and I loaded up all of our scrapbook supplies and headed out to Canyon Camp in Hinton, OK for a full weekend of scrapbooking. Yes, yes, I know you what you are thinking...what?...you went scrapbooking for an entire weekend just days after having an organ removed? Yes. Yes, I did. Listen! I have been looking forward to this weekend for the last 5 months and I was not going to miss it because of some measly little surgery. So, I went with plans to listen to my body and rest when needed.

We had a great time. I got to spend the weekend with my girlfriends Kelly, Misty, Pam, Janna, Susie, and Shannon (we were sad when you had to leave early Shannon, but we enjoyed the time we did get to spend with you). We laughed so hard we cried on numerous occassions. I was able to complete the entire scrapbook album for our Disney trip. I'll try to post a slide show of the album later.

I didn't do real well at listening to my body though. When I get in the creative flow, it is hard to turn it off. Plus, how often is it, that I actually get a full 46 hours of uninterupted scrap time?? I had to take advantage of it, right?

When we got home from our weekend of fun on Sunday night, I was exhausted. And covered with very odd looking bruises. They looked more like pools of blood around my incision areas. So...on Monday, I called the doctor. They said it was nothing to worry about, that I just overdid it and broke some of the old blood loose from the surgery....yummy! Ha!

Tony went back to work yesterday and was thrilled to finally be out of the house and back to helping people in need. I went back to work today and was not thrilled to be out of the house. I've decided I want to get paid for being at my house all day long...so I'm crossing my fingers for a VO job! Hehehe!

Anyways, that is the sum up of my last week. It's been nice chattin' with ya! I missed ya, don't be a stranger...hehehe.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love your hair dark! Your wedding picture cracked me up! I love it!
And wasn't Star Trek AMAZING>??


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved