Monday, September 7, 2009

Everlasting by Kathleen Woodiwiss

Once, Abrielle was a privileged daughter coveted for her bearing, her breeding, her wit, and her beauty. But when her stepfather is denied his rightful title and the wealth that accompanies it, Abrielle finds herself suddenly disgraced. Only one man would still have her: the oafish and grotesque Desmond de Marlé. To rescue her once-proud family's honor, Abrielle must sacrifice her virtue to this scoundrel she fears and detests . . . even as she yearns for another lover.

Dashing, handsome, tall, and kind, Raven Seabern is quite unlike any man Abrielle has ever encountered. But their love can never be, for Abrielle is betrothed to a monster. And the well-being of everyone she cares for demands that she honor her promise. Still, Raven knows he has found the true one and must never let her go—though secrets, deceptions, dishonor, and unimaginable peril will surely be their fate if they follow the dictates of their hearts.


My mom introduced me to the writing style of Kathleen Woodiwiss 10 years ago. I was very hesitant, as I don't typically like the cheesy 'harlequin' kinds of romance. But Kathleen's description of her characters takes you back in time to when they would have lived.

Everlasting is full of romance, excitement, and suspense. I held my breath for Abrielle and the consequences to her action several times. I wanted her to have happiness and I felt such sadness for her and her situation.

I am glad I picked this one up and decided to read it.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great book review! I can't believe how much you've been reading! I bet Tony's happy! ;)


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved