Monday, September 7, 2009

Sookie's New Vet

Sookie and I haven't had much luck with our vet visits. After my post about our horrible experience, you guys all gave me names of vets that you loved. So, after dragging my feet for several months, I decided to call Boyer Vet Clinic. Our first appointment was Thursday night. It was a meet and greet for the doc to make sure she is healthy enough to be 'fixed'.

Sookie did fine in the waiting, you could tell she was scared, but she didn't cause a fuss. In the room, she explored all the smells and new surroundings. The nurse came in and Sookie was all cool...UNTIL...she tried to pick her up. Sookie was having none of that. The nurse was calm and pleasant and went to get a towel to make a "kitty burrito". She got her wrapped up in the towel with her head sticking out and Sookie thought she was tough, cause she kept hissing at the nurse. It was actually kind of funny. The nurse got her weighed and then brought her back into the room until it was time to meet the doctor.

He came and we talked about Sookie and he told me he needed to listen to her heart and feel around on her. By this point, Sookie was done. When the doctor tried to pick her up, she 'wigged out'. Although her reaction was much like the last time, the reaction of the doctor and the nurse were completely different. They were kind and understanding. They didn't make me feel like I had the worst kid on the block. They reassured me that it was just the temperament of a Calico and she was not a horrible cat.

I feel so much better about this place. So much so...Sookie has her appointment to get 'fixed' tomorrow. We'll drop her off in the morning and pick her up in the afternoon. I'm pretty nervous, but I know they will take good care of her, even if she does try to scratch their eyes out.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yay Boyer! I've had great experiences there and I'm glad you did too!!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved