Sunday, October 18, 2009

2009 Brum Family Road Trip - Day 5

Day 5 - Wednesday

I wish I could tell you we had beautiful sunny days for our entire trip, but I can't. The storms rolled back in on Wednesday morning...so when you're on vacation and it's raining, what do you do??? Find something that can be enjoyed inside.

We decided to go to the Ripley's Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach. It was really neat. They have an exhibit about babies right now. My favorite was the baby sea horses. They were so tiny and adorable. The shark tank was amazing too. We really enjoyed the time out of the rain.

After the aquarium, we walked over to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and had lunch. I loved the atmosphere of this place. I have to admit though, this was one of those times that I sure wished we were drinkers. It was hard not to order a Margarita at Margaritaville...even the kids thought it was wrong that we didn't order one...hehehe.



After lunch we walked around the lake again and did some more shopping. There were tons of fish and ducks in the lake just waiting to be fed. I have never seen a fish so big and so many of them in one place. There were so many the ducks could walk on water!! Be sure to watch the video...Tony was wishing he had a rod and reel so he could catch a few to cook up.



It rained on us all afternoon while we shopped...so this is where I have to tell you how un-intelligent I can sometimes be....especially when it comes to shoes. Yes, I wore flip flops on a cold, rainy day. This posed two problems for me...cold feet and lots of slipping and sliding on the wet pavement and boardwalk. I stopped at the miss-match sock shop and bought some striped, knee high toe socks. It was cute too...me in my knee high socks, black shorts and black flip flops. I am happy to report that no pictures were taken to document my fashion disaster.

By the time we made it around the lake and back the car, I had almost fallen at least 5 times and I was exhausted from being so tense. The day was fun though and I'm glad we found something to fill our rainy day.

No comments:


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved