Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Downhill Slide

It's only one more week until my surgery. I've lost 5 of the 8 pounds that I gained during my vacation. The first few days of the diet were very trying. I wasn't physically hungry, but I was mentally hungry. I cried several nights. Ashton's party and Halloween pretty much threw me off the wagon, but I climbed back on Monday morning. It's really been amazing. I haven't had the same emotional tie to food these last couple of days like I had at first. It's a good feeling!

My mom told me that I didn't have to do the surgery if I wasn't ready. I guess she was sensing some apprehension. So, this is the best way that I can describe how I am feeling right now.

"When I was pregnant, I was filled with elation for the first few months...but as it went on, it seemed unreal. Then the last month, it really hit. I WAS HAVING A BABY! All of the excitement was still there but it was filled with fear as well. Was I ready? Would I be a good Mom?
Well, it is the same with the surgery for me. I've been trying to have this surgery for the last year or so. Now that it is here, I am excited and scared at the same time. Am I ready? Will I be able to truly to cut my emotional tie to food?"

Once I explained it to my mom this way, she got it! I think it helped me too.

No comments:


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved