Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fallen by Lauren Kate

So, how do you kill time when driving for 11 hours?? I do it by reading...which is a blessing. I used to not be able to read in the car at all, it would make me horribly sick. So I guess one perk of age is that added ability to read in the car.

I started this book a couple days ago and was thrilled to have a long car ride that gave me uninterrupted time to finish it. This is another young adult book, but I loved it. It has romance, dark scary things, and school full of reform kids. This is book one of a series and I cannot wait to get book 2...I borrowed book 1, so I sure hope my friend has book 2 so I can borrow it as well.

This is a story that sucks in the reader and doesn't let go...not even at the end (and of course I think it would make a great movie). Check it out if you are at all interested in fallen angels and past lives.

Luce must spend her senior year at reform school after her boyfriend dies in a mysterious fire. She suspects that the dark shadows that have tormented her all her life had something to do with it. When she meets supernaturally gorgeous Daniel, she feels a familiar longing, making her believe they have met before. Although Cam is clearly interested in her, Luce only wants Daniel, who runs both hot and cold. He tries to keep Luce at a distance, telling her that the truth would kill her as it has many times before.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oooooo...this one looks good. I want to read it!!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved