Sunday, January 2, 2011

On the road again....

Yesterday morning, we left OK at 8:15 am and hit the road for Westminster, CO. We decided to go up through Kansas and then head west on I-70. We made the decision to endure the "Great Plains" of Kansas and Colorado because of the snow storms that had recently hit both states...we figured the major interstates would be more clear than smaller highways. And thank goodness we were right....although there was still packed snow on the roads once we got to the middle of Kansas.


There isn't much to see on the drive through Kansas, but we were excited to come across a wind farm. This farm doesn't hold anything to those that Tony and I have both seen in California, but it was neat for the kids and it broke up the boredom of the flat lands.


After 11 hours on the road, we made it into the Denver area, the sun had already set though, so the kids weren't able to see any mountains. And that definitely got their share of mountain scenery today...a blog post will be coming about today's events shortly.

1 comment:


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved