Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Twenty Eleven


Tony worked New Years Eve, so the kids and I spent the day having a little fun. We did a little shopping at the mall, went to see that movie I wanted to see on my birthday (Life As We Know It) and then I "bit the bullet" and took them to see Yogi Bear in 3D.


We saw Life As We Know It at the dollar theatre in Norman. Which, by the way, is now a Two Dollar theatre. Anyways, this movie was awesome. It was so touching and the little girls that play Sophie are so stinkin' adorable. There was laughter and tears throughout. If you can make it to the cheap movie...go see it. If not, be sure to rent it once it comes out on DVD. I know this will be one we will own.

If you don't know the premise behind this movie, it is about two singles (Josh Duhmal and Katherine Hiegl) who are left a one year baby when their best friends die in a car accident. Unfortunately, they can't stand each other. So they must figure out how to make it work so they can provide a good home for Sophie.


Yogi was pretty cute, too. I absolutely dreaded seeing this movie, but I actually chuckled a laugh out a couple of times. The 3D schticks were really funny and it was nice to see them throw in very obvious 3D items.

Once we got home, it was time to finish laundry, straighten the house and get packed so we could hit the road first thing Saturday morning. (Pray that Sookie doesn't terrorize the poor guy that is house sitting for us while we are gone.)

The kids stayed up and brought in the New Year while I went to bed and rested before our 12 hour drive.

I hope you had a great New Year's Eve celebration. May 2011 be the year of blessings, growth, and great things for you and your family!

Be looking for updates during our trip! See you all in 2011.

No comments:


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved