Thursday, March 24, 2011

25 Things...

...you may not know about me.

Us Weekly has been doing an article each week, where a celebrity tells the readers 25 things that we may not know. Well, I was inspired by it this morning to do the same thing. And let me tell you, coming up with 25 things is extremely difficult. I am way too transparent...hehehe. Anyways, here goes...

1. I have never watched Gone with the Wind.

2. I read just about every free moment I get (sitting at red lights, a quick run to the bathroom at work, walking down the hall...you name it, I've read a quick paragraph or two while doing it...except "intimate" situations with T, that would just be crossing a line that no one should ever cross...hehehe).

3. I take 14 pills a day. Yikes! What will it be like when I am older and have even more medical issues?

4. When I was 17 and supposed to be at a movie in Shawnee, I had flirted my way into an 18 to enter bar in OKC. While in the bar my car was towed and impounded. It was not fun telling my parents about that one.

5. At three years old, I broke my arm and knocked out my two front teeth. I'm sure my parents just loved those medical bills.

6. We didn't have cable TV growing up. It wasn't until I moved out of the house that my parents finally got it. No Fraggle Rock or MTV in my formative years.

7. I sleep with a "corner pillow". Which is a pillow that has a corner on it that I hold while falling asleep. I have done this since I was a baby when I would find corners on my baby blankets and do the same thing.

8. I am a horrible housekeeper. I will just leave it at that.

9. I leave my shoes sitting all over the house and don't pick them up until Tony has had enough and asks me to put them away.

10. I still see a heavy person when I look in the mirror. I have to stop and really look and make myself see the reality, as it doesn't come naturally.

11. I get verklempt during the Pledge of Allegiance and the Star Spangled Banner.

12. I actually enjoy watching the Disney Channel and I find myself watching it even when the kids aren't home. Pathetic, I know!

13. I am a procrastinator.

14. Doing coupons has only added to my overwhelming OCD.

15. I wanted to be a belly dancer at 5 years old, a teacher at 18 years old and I ended up working in corporate finance. Quiet a change from my earlier aspirations and my degree in teaching.

16. When I was 15 years old, my parents went out of town and I told my Granny that Mom and Dad had said I could drive the truck between our two houses, which they had not. I ended up denting the truck that weekend. Granny even rode with me. (Sorry Mom and Dad.)

17. I don't typically wash my make-up off at night.

18. I would rather be able to naturally tan (and risk sun damage) than be this pale.

19. I have a TV Weatherman crush on Jonathan Condor (he used to be on News Channel 4). I thought he was such a cutie.

20. I leave myself messages on my work voicemail when I remember something that I know I'll forget by the time I can get it written down.

21. The saying "It's just like riding a bicycle" does not apply to me. I am scared to death to ride a bike because I have a horrible sense of balance. (Especially after the bicycle incident in Mexico...that was for you Tony :) Love you!)

22. I would rather buy a CD than buy the music on iTunes.

23. I made the first move on everything with Tony...first date, first kiss...etc, etc.

24. My prom dress split up the back my Jr. year in HS. It was horrible. My butt was hanging out and my date wouldn't take me home. He gave me his jacket to wear, but it was "tails" so it didn't help much.

25. I loathe Facebook and Twitter. I have lost touch with several friends because I don't Facebook or Twitter. I believe the personal touch in relationships has diminished because of it.

Now, it's your turn. Can you think of 25 things that we may not know about you? Believe me, it is harder than you think.

3 comments:

Crystal Clear As Mud said...

1. I own it, we can have a movie night...well, day since it's so long!
11. I ALWAYS get goosebumps when the Star Spangled Banner is performed. I just love it so!
18. Ditto, but anymore I just don't care to tan and spray tan scares me because of the streaking.

Debbie said...

Ooooo, I think I will take the challenge. It sounds difficult, but I'm game! It was WAY fun to read yours!

Nicole said...

Love it! I am going to steal this!!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved