Friday, April 22, 2011

Five for Friday


Today is Earth Day. And I have to confess, I almost didn't do my post around Earth Day...for some reason, I was just not feelin' it. But after a little internet research, I've decided to do it. So...here is your Five for Friday...

5 Things you need to know about Earth Day
1. Several companies are celebrating Earth Day by giving back. Click HERE to see a list of some of those businesses.

2. Today is the 41st Anniversary of Earth Day and this year's theme is "A Billion Acts of Green"

3. Earth Day celebrations went world wide in 1990. That year, about 140 countries marked the day. Today, more than 1 billion people in about 185 countries are expected to celebrate Earth Day.

4. Earth Day began with the intention of cleaning up and protecting the environment; ultimately, an environmental revolution was born which resulted in the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Endangered Species Act, according to the Earth Day Network.

5. To find out how OKC is celebrating Earth Day click HERE. We are in the middle of the list.

No comments:


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved