Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

The is the sequel book to If I Stay. You can read my review of it HERE.

If I Stay is told from Mia's perspective...but Where She Went is told from Adam's perspective, Mia's boyfriend. It takes place three years after the accident that changed their lives forever. Mia is living in NY and Adam is on the west coast with his band, Shooting Star, reaching major stardom.

The second book is written like the firs, where I felt like I was having a conversation with the main character. My heart did ache for the changes that took place in his life (all their lives) after the accident that killed Mia's parents and her brother, Teddy.

Both books are easy reads, but they are deep. So, be prepared to become a little emotionally invested.

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future–and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

No comments:


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved