Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust!!


Tony and I are still plugging away at Dave Ramsey's 7 Baby Steps to get out of debt. We are currently still on step 2 (Pay off all debt with debt snowball). Our step 2 had four phases to it...pay off Tony's Lasik surgery loan, pay off the Best Buy credit card, pay off our Chase credit card, and pay off a loan that my parents gave us.

I am so proud to report that we are 3/4 through Step 2. Last month, I sent off the final payment for our Chase credit card and the is officially $0. It's so fun to log on to our account and see the zero dollar balance.

We are on target to have my parents paid off in a year and hopefully we can buckle down and do it even quicker than that. Then we'll be able to start on step 3 (3 - 6 Months Expenses in Savings).

I have to admit, it has been hard to live on cash only. But we have been officially plastic free (referred to as a plastectomy) for a year now. We still try to do fun things and not live like "debt hermits", but I am proud of how we are managing our money and how we are doing it as a team.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I LOVE Dave Ramsey! We used his plan to get us out of debt! Feels so nice doesn't it?? Congrats to you!

Kendra said...

WOO-HOO! That is awesome. It feels like such a large weight has been lifted. We are on Step 2 as well. We had a plastic cutting party several weeks ago, it was exciting and still budget fun things or it becomes depressing. Congrats!!!

Kathie Truitt said...

My goodness you have made so many positive changes in your life. I want you to know I am really proud of you! You're a great role model for me. Well, not just for me, but for women everywhere.

Kelly said...

WAY TO GO!! Love 'plastectomy'!! Too funny!!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved