Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas

My commute to and from work is dreadful! Especially during I-35 rush hour traffic. Well, I've learned that if I can find a good audio book, it's like I don't even realize that I've driven home. The story helps me focus on something other than the enraging traffic around me....I am still a good driver though and am aware of what I am doing, it just doesn't stress me out when I listening to a book.

So, I borrowed this audio book from my friend, Natalie. She gave it a great review and the mention of some steamy love scenes had me immediately wanting to listen to it.

First off...this is not one that you listen to with the kids in the car. The love scenes are the most explicit I have ever heard (or read) in a book. Talk about "trashy-slut" novel...hehehe. But I guess I have to confess that this book is now on my guilty pleasure list. I loved it!

The story is about Haven Travis. The daughter of a Houston millionaire. She marries a man that her family does not approve of and her daddy turns his back on her and removes her from his will. Since of course, he knows better than she does and knows that her new husband is a gold digger. Haven quickly realizes it too, but she wants her marriage to work, so she muddles through. Until one night when it goes past the point for her to be able to stay. But just because she has left her husband doesn't mean that Haven won't find drama in a new man...Hardy Cates. And man, oh man...Hardy sounds amazing. But again...her family does not approve of her choice. Read (or listen) to this story to find out what mishaps Haven gets herself into with Hardy.

I found out that this book is actually book 2 of the Travis Family Books...book one Sugar Daddy. I don't feel like I missed anything by not having the history of this book, but I will definitely be picking this one up. I love how Lisa Kleypas writes. Her descriptions of scenes (and not just the hot and heavy ones) are so intricate you feel like you are there in the room. If you like romance novels...you MUST read this one.


MEET THE BLUE-EYED DEVIL

His name is Hardy Cates. He’s a self-made millionaire who comes from the wrong side of the tracks. He’s made enemies in the rough-and-tumble ride to the top of Houston’s oil industry. He’s got hot blood in his veins. And vengeance on his mind.
MEET THE HEIRESS

She’s Haven Travis. Despite her family’s money, she refuses to set out on the path they’ve chosen for her. But when Haven marries a man her family disapproves of, her life is set on a new and dangerous course.

WATCH THE SPARKS FLY. . . .

Two years have gone by. Now Haven has come home. This time, she is determined to guard her heart. And Hardy Cates, a family enemy, is the last person she needs darkening her door—or setting her soul on fire.



This is the book trailer...it is a little cheesy, but thought I'd show it to you anyways.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

LOL. I had no idea they did book previews like that. How funny! Yeah, it is definitely the raciest book I've ever heard/read! Glad you enjoyed it. I had no idea it was in a series! You couldn't tell at all. That is interesting...


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved