Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oh, What a night!

For the last couple of days, the weather men have been raving on and on about how bad the weather was going to be yesterday. It was almost like they were predicting a snow storm. Although the tornadoes are horrible, if you are going to live anywhere that deals with them, Oklahoma is the best place. Our weather men are absolutely the best and we get some really advance and detailed warnings.

So, yesterday, the kids and I put the animals in a safe place and we loaded up to go to my aunt's house. As we watched the weather on the news, as soon as the storm developed in Chickasha, we knew it was going to be coming our way.




Tensions were high.

We hit the cellar as the sirens went off. There were 14 humans and 5 dogs in the cellar. Luckily, it wasn't too cramped. But sitting the cellar listening to Gary England say that there is a formation above our neighborhood is just completely unsettling. I knew we were safe, but I was so worried about Alli and Sookie.

Tony was on duty last night, so once Moore was clear, they started talking about a funnel heading toward Noble. I was freaked and it was even worse when Tony came home and told me they saw it lift up and go over Hwy 77 about 200 yards from them. CRAZY STUFF MAN!

I have confirmed that my loved ones are all okay. Some minor property damages, but everyone is well and accounted for.

No comments:


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved