Monday, May 23, 2011

Run! Ashton! Run!

Saturday morning, Ashton ran in her first ever track meet. When Ashton brought the information sheet home a few weeks ago, she was so excited. She has been dying to do a track meet, but that isn't an option in elementary school. So we jumped on this as soon as we heard about it.


Ashton ran in the 4 x 100m relay and the 400m dash....if you can count 400m as a dash...I know I wouldn't be able to do it in a "dash"...hehehe.


On a side note***I never ran track. EVER! So, I assumed we would be done in a couple of hours. Little did I know...track meets take ALL FREAKING DAY! We got there at 9am and didn't leave until 3pm. And if you remember, it was stinking HOT! on Saturday.


The 4 x 100m relay was the first race. Their team did great and placed 3rd. The 400m race was close to the end of the meet. Ashton placed 2nd in her heat (there were 2 heats) and overall she placed 5th (out of 14 girls).


We were so proud of her. I really think this girl has a future in track. We will definitely be signing her up to run in a couple of events over the summer.

2 comments:

mistymadisonjo said...

good for her!

Dancin' in the Rain said...

YAY! Ashton...love the pics!!!! :-)


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved