Monday, June 27, 2011

A Day With My Daughter

Last week, Ashton and I had two days where I worked from home and we had the whole house to ourselves (Tony was at the fire station and Quinn was at camp).

Our first girls day was planned for Monday but when Tony called me to pick him up from work, a wrench was thrown into our plans. (He was horribly sick and knew he couldn't drive himself home.) Ashton was upset, but she completely understood. It was planned for my friend Jeana to come hang out, eat dinner and watch a movie...so even though we had been compromised, we still surged forward. We got dinner from Poblano Grill and rented Hereafter with Matt Damon. We had a blast with me reading the subtitles (in character voice of course)....but dang, that movie was horribly boring. I don't even recommend it for rental...wait until it comes out on cable and there is nothing else to watch.


Our other girls day was Wednesday and it was a GO! When I got off work, we went to the Warren and had dinner in the diner. After dinner we went to see Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer. This movie was adorable. I really enjoyed getting to watch it with Ashton.


After the movie, we went to The Cupcake Lounge (finally, a good cupcake place on the south side). It was fun to sit and talk and enjoy some yummy cupcakes at the same time.


I really enjoy spending time with Ashton. She is such a sweet girl. Not sure how she came from me and Tony, but we love her just the same...hehehe.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I know, it is uber boring!
And the cupcake lounge got a faclift I heard last week! So we shall see!

Kendra said...

What a fun couple of days with your girl! I look forward to having those special days with mine when she gets older, not that I want her to age faster though! :)


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved