Friday, June 24, 2011

Five for Friday


There are a few things in my ever day life that I would be lost if I did not have. Some are trivial and some are vital. But none-the-less, they are all important to me. So, here are the....

Five Things I Can't Live Without

1. Our Perpetual Calendar
I love our calendar and with two kids and a husband who has a rotating schedule, I rely on the calendar to tell me when and where I need to be at what times. Our calendar is magnetic, but did you know that not all stainless steel appliances are. So, when we first got our fridge, I was lost. I tried putting the calendar on the side, but I need it front and center. So, I used some of my creative ingenuity and used Velcro to attach it to the fridge.


2. My Medicine
This week, I found out just how much I need my medicine. For a test that was done yesterday (I will tell you more about it later), I had to abstain from all of my meds for 48 hours. I also couldn't have caffeine, Tylenol, Advil or any other anti-dizzy/pain meds. By the morning of the test, I was in severe pain and my body was telling me just how much my medicine really is helping, even if it doesn't make me feel 100% all of the time.


3. Chocolate
I literally crave chocolate each and every day. I don't require lots of it, but it makes me feel so much better if I can have just a bit each day.


4. Powerade Zero
Each day I drink at least 32 oz. of Powerade Zero. POTS suffers must, must, must get all of their fluids in and stay hydrated. Dehydration is VERY bad for us. So, I make sure half of my fluids are water and half are Powerade. The added sodium in the Powerade really helps me out too.


5. DVR
Tony begged and begged for a DVR for years. I was so resistant because I didn't need a reason to watch even more TV, but as soon as got one, I was addicted. I absolutely refuse to watch TV live...it is awesome to be able to get through an hour long show in 40 minutes or less.


So, if you could make a list of five things you can't live without...what would they be???

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Ooooo, I like this one. I think I will 'steal' it for my blog1 This was really fun to read!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved