Monday, June 20, 2011

Hello Mudda

What feelings come up when you reflect on your time at summer camp when you were young? For me, it is mixed emotions. I am thankful for the summer's I spent at camp, but for years, I was horribly homesick. So much so, when I was baptized, the youth minister made me promise that if he was going to baptize me I wouldn't cry anymore.

Well, Quinn is at his first ever church camp this week. Unfortunately, he didn't go in the best health. Thursday of last week, he showed us a huge mosquito bite on his leg...that turned out to actually be a spider bite. We don't think it is a brown recluse bite, but it still hurts...especially in 100+ degree heat.


So, since they arrived at camp Sunday, I have received numerous texts and phone calls from Quinn asking to come home with us when we go down there tonight to visit. I am trying hard to stick to my guns and make him stay, but my heart aches, I know how it feels to be homesick. But I also want him to have this entire experience and besides....camp is not cheap.

Be thinking of us this evening and let's just hope I can keep my parents from driving an extra car and bringing Quinn and Collin both home. You know how hard it is to reel in those grandparents. ;)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That makes we wanna vomit! ;)

But yes, make him stay....I was homesick once my parents made me stay but after that week I was good.

Kathie Truitt said...

Poor baby. I know that hurts. At first I thought it was Rocky Mountain spotted fever which would really be awful.

My daughter was baptized at camp. (Are you a church of Christ girl by any chance?)

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while. I changed computers and now am able to leave comments. I also really like your new blog look. I'm in desparate need of a new look. Did you do this yourself or hire someone?

Becky said...

Kathie...I am a CoC girlie! And I did not do the blog template myself...I bought a pre-made template from Leelou Blogs and it was super easy and only $15. www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

So sorry...on this one I cannot empathize so therefore I should not give advice.

I was always so STOKED to be at church camp! I cried when I had to go HOME!
It IS a compliment though to have your teenage son WANT to be home!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved