Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

After yesterday's post, I am sure some of you were wondering why we would take a two hour drive to go visit our son and nephew at church camp if they are both homesick. Wouldn't that just make them more homesick? Well, we actually had a reason for going...I'm not that crazy to drive for four hours round-trip for a one hour visit.

So, let me fill you in...

Last week while we were in Branson, both Quinn and Ashton made the decision to be baptized. Quinn said he wanted to do it while at church camp and said he didn't mind if Ashton did it at that time too. So, we started the plans in motion to make sure we would be able to be witness to this wonderful event (and so we could drive Ashton there since she isn't part of the camp).


Our youth minister, Brian Plumb, baptized both the kids. He is such a fantastic youth minister. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. His wife, Shannon, is also fantastic. In fact, she was my photographer, so I could actually be part of the event, instead of behind the camera. (You can meet the Plumb Family by clicking HERE.)












My parents came with us and Tony's parents made the trip too. It was such a surprise that his parents came, but I am so, so thankful that they were there.

I am so proud of both of my kids. Tony and I have been hugely blessed by these two magnificent little gifts in our lives. I truly believe they have both gotten the best of us. I am a little biased, but I have to admit that there are few bad qualities that I see in my kids.

I love them so much and am so proud of them for dedicating their lives to Christ.

(Now...do these two boys look very homesick...NOT!!! I am so glad we made them stay!)

9 comments:

Jeana Sorrells said...

That's so awesome. I'm so proud of them and you and Tony!! Congrats!!

Natalie said...

That is so great for Quinn and Ashton! I'm so glad the whole family got to be there for such a special event. And no, those boys don't look homesick one little bit! I remember going to church camp during the summers and I would be SO homesick in the beginning, but by the end I would always end up having the best time ever. I'm glad you made him stay. :)

Debbie said...

Congratulations Rebecca! What a wonderful event! Something you will remember for a lifetime! Welcome Quinn and Ashton to the best family in the world!!

mistymadisonjo said...

Congrats to both of them. I'm glad you guys were able to be there. Such a great event.

Kathie Truitt said...

An amazing day!! Rachael was baptized at this same camp. William was baptized at our home congregation (in El Dorado Springs, MO)...and of course they did it right then and there and we were too far away to see it. I know you are so proud. Tell them welcome to the family.

Angbrad03 said...

That is so great! What a blessing as a mom, to be able to witness that moment. I am so happy for your family and proud of Ashton and Quinn.

Shannon Plumb said...

You are too sweet Becky!! What a great night it was! And I am so glad that the boys stayed! They will be so glad that they did!

Shyla said...

What a special and powerful event in a person's life. And what a blessing that you were there to witness it. Congratulations to Quinn and Ashton! May God continue to bless their lives and their walks with Him.

Nicole said...

awe, I am just now seeing this pictures.....how fun! I am so happy for the Brum family! What a memorable night!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved