Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Saying Goodbye

I've been struggling with writing this post for a few weeks now. I want to make sure I don't come off as selfish, so I will do my best to keep this about the person it is about...my best friend Nicole!


You see, her husband started a program within his company 2'ish years ago. At the end of the 2 years, we they knew there would be a job relocation for him. Well, the end of the two years came at the end of February. There were several cities on the table and for a while, we they were confident KC would be the big move...which made me very happy. But KC fell threw and they were back to the table on where the new job was going to open up.

About a month'ish ago, Matt was offered his own district (which is a major accomplishment and I am VERY proud of him). But the offer was for Columbus, OHIO! Poo! Of course he took the post and he moved there on April 1. They put their house on the market and thought Nicole would be here wrapping things up until at least June. Well, a HUGE blessing occurred and she was able to sell the house (by owner) and they close in a little over a week.

Yep! My best friend is moving to OHIO in a matter of days. Here is a little history for ya....Nicole and I met through a friend when we were both invited to the inaugural meeting of our book club (4 years ago). Then Nicole and I grew closer through our love of books and movies and then JH. She has been a rock for me through this time and has taught me how to be a passionate friend with unswerving dedication.


Since Nicole is here alone and Matt is in Ohio, Nicole has been overwhelmed with all of her to-do's. So, I decided to throw a Farewell Party to help her say goodbye to her closest friends all at once. It was a bitter sweet moment. I mean, we are all going to miss her dearly, but we are also excited for what this new adventure has in store for her and Matt and we know this isn't a forever goodbye. I'm ready to plan my first visit already and she hasn't even moved yet ;D.



The party was great though and there were only a few teary eyes.


To remember each of us, I had everyone write a note to Nicole that will be put in this shadow box along with pictures of each person. We aren't going to let her forget her Okie friends.  (I will post a pic of the final product in a few....it looks really cute.)

You can follow Nicole and Matt at Sizzlin' Savages and hear all about the move and their new life in Ohio.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

You wrote a very sweet post. I know this has to be hard for both families, yours and hers. Praying for peace.

mistymadisonjo said...

What a terrific friend you are to Nicole. The party was a sweet and I love the shadowbox.


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved