Thursday, July 12, 2012

Movie Mania!

The Friday night before the kids went to my sister's, we went to see Brave, Pixar's new movie.  I have to say that I absolutely loved this movie.  The story was great and the animation was beautiful!  I would love to have Merida's crazy, red hair and those three red headed triplet brothers of hers.



Once the kids were gone to my sister's, it was time to catch up on some grown-up movies.  So, on Sunday, Tony and I took my friend Misty to see Rock of Ages for her birthday.  This movie was great too.  I sang along and danced in my chair the entire time.  It was so, so good.  All the songs were great and I even liked Tom Cruise (even though I can't stand him).




Monday night was girls night.  Jeana and I went to see Magic Mike starring the beautiful Channing Tatum.  And the wonderful scenes of him did not disappoint, but unfortunately those were the only good parts of the movie.  I am pretty darn forgiving and easily entertained, but man, this was THE WORST movie I have ever seen.  The story was weak and the leading girl was horrible.  Some of the nude scenes were just in the movie to have more nudity...there was absolutely no purpose to them. 




And finally, I ended my grown up time with Wanderlust.  The second worst movie I have ever seen.  There is not one good thing I can say about this movie...at least Magic Mike had Channing Tatum.  I'm just thankful this was on demand and I only paid $5.  Sure wish it would've just been the $1 Redbox, but I guess you can't win 'em all. 


So I was 50/50 on good vs. bad movies.  Maybe I need to give up on rated R movies for awhile....hmmmmm.  (I'm sure my mom is vigorously shaking her head yes to that.)

No comments:


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved