Monday, August 20, 2012

Idle Hands

"There is always mischief to be found for idle hands."

Just before summer break ended and school started, Ashton reached her limit of idleness.  The information came to me via a text from Quinn.  "Can Ashton paint the table?"  Of course, I called him immediately.  "What table?" was my question.  I was then informed that Ashton had ALREADY painted the top of the card table solid black and was now working on stenciled designs.  At that point, there wasn't much I could do.  I just told her not to make a mess and clean everything up when she was done.

Here is the table before....yes, it looks like a modern art project.  And yes, Ashton made was the artist from previous art endeavors. 


And after...at least it looks better than it did.


I also told her not to undertake any more projects without asking first.  Apparently she wasn't listening.  The next day, I got a text from her that said, "Can I paint my legs?"  I was thoroughly confused.  I asked "The legs on the table?"  "No, MY legs.  It washes right off."

Of course, I couldn't continue this conversation through text, so I called her.  She said...."Welllll....I've kinda already painted my legs.  They are really cute though."

At that point, what was I to do?  I had her wash her legs...but of course she documented her artwork for me.






Luckily, we made it to the start of school without any other art projects.   I'm not sure what she would have decided to paint next.



1 comment:

Kendra said...

That is hysterical! Really, she is so creative!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved