Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Hard Decision to Make

At the end of July, I made a very hard decision.  I did not come by this decision lightly....I had been trying to decide what to do for months and months.  But after careful contemplation and looking at the kids schedules for the coming year, I made the hard decision to resign from Junior Hospitality.

I have to admit, this was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made.  But I am confident that I've made the right decision.  In fact, I strongly believe that it is better to be a stay-at-home mom when our kids are in Junior High and High School instead of when they are babies.  Too bad I wasn't a SAHM then and I can't be a SAHM now...so the next best thing is to dedicate myself to their activities.

So, never fear....all of that free time that I now have (ha!) will be taken up with Band Boosters and carting Ashton to and from her three dance classes this year.  So, don't you worry about me getting bored.  There isn't a chance of that happening.

I still love all of my JH friends and I will (and already do) miss them terribly.  It was weird not going to the first general meeting.  But I know this group will continue to do great things for our community and I will continue to support them through their different fundraising efforts. 

1 comment:

mistymadisonjo said...

I completely agree...teenagers need us waaaaayyy more than they did when they were in elementary school. I am so glad that we can volunteer to help with band and keep a watchful eye on them!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved