Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Marching Band Preview

Band is a serious thing.  Especially at Southmoore High School.


High School band practice started before he was even out of 8th grade.  He had practices once a week May, June and July and then the first week of August they were integrated into the full world of marching band with two-a-day practices.  Yep!  The hottest week of the summer and they were outside for 6 hours each day.  It was crazy.


The Monday before school started, we got to see what all of the hard work produced at the Marching Band Preview night.  I was amazed at just how much they had already learned...not to mention being able to march and play an instrument at the same time.


I can't wait to see how this group progresses and see them kill it at the different competitions.  It is going to be such a neat year!  So far, I really like high school.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

He looks so professional! Love it

Kendra said...

How fun! I can't believe how early they started and working in the heat of the day! I admire those young people moving around while playing, that's so impressive!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved