Thursday, September 27, 2012

Moore Outdoor Music Festival

Saturday was our first marching competition.  Luckily it was local, so our initiation wasn't as painful as a competition that is further away (that will be this coming weekend).

It was an amazing day.  The kids started the day at 9am at SHS.  Just a bit of practice time before heading over to the contest.  The forecast called for 82 degree temps...but oh no!....we couldn't get that lucky!  It was HOT!  Really freaking hot!  And in the aluminum stands, it was even hotter.

The amazing part of the day isn't what happens on the field, but what happens off the field to support such large bands.  The Boosters do a fantastic job making sure the kids are cared for.  Imagine planning not one, but two meals, to feed 200+ kids and band directors.  (Hopefully, I can have pictures of this amazing feat on my next competition post.)


There were 14 band that competed.  Each band performed a preliminary performance where they were critiqued and give immediate feedback.  Then they each performed a final evening performance for awards.  I thought the band did a great job in their final performance.  I even got chills and a little verklempt.



Our band ranked 2nd .... woo hoo!  This is fantastic for the first competition of the year.  This coming weekend we head to Owasso and our competition is going to much steeper.  I'm looking forward to spending another day with this great group of kiddos.

2 comments:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Woo-hoo for second place, that's awesome!

mistymadisonjo said...

What a handsome man in that picture! Ya know, he is in a uniform!! HAHA


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved