Thursday, April 18, 2013

What I'm Thinkin' Thursday

Money!

I've been thinking solely about money since bedtime last night.

You see...Tony and I had our taxes done a few weeks ago.  Both state and federal were electronically filed.  And we thought (the key word there is thought) we were getting a refund from both.

At about 9:30 last night, Tony texted and asked if we had gotten the state refund yet.  We got our federal refund about a week and a half ago.  When I texted back that we hadn't gotten it yet, he made the comment that it makes him wonder if we actually owed state taxes.

I got out of bed and pulled the file....and low and behold, we owed money to state.  Ugh!  Luckily the return had been electronically filed, but our payment is still going to be considered late.  Also, we were smart and put our federal money in savings.  So that money has not come right back out and is headed to the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

Both of us have responsibility in this oversight.  One of us misread the information and the other just didn't read it all.  Believe it or not...I haven't gotten mad.  I haven't cried.  I haven't gotten sick.  It is what it is.  All we can do is fix what wasn't done.

So, that's what I've been thinking about on this fine Thursday.

2 comments:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Ugh that is LAME. What a bummer!

Kendra said...

UGH!!! Bummer! My husband completely forgot to file taxes for his side business and he was anything but calm.
I hope your Friday is fabulous!!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved