Friday, June 28, 2013

Family Frenzy Friday (Picture Overload Warning!)

Our trip to Wisconsin was a ton of fun!  But a lot of people keep asking me, "Why Wisconsin?"  The truth of the story...we looked at a map and said, "Hey, we've never gone North.".  So we looked at my parents time share and found a location in Wisconsin Dells which just happens to be "The Water park Capital of the World".  (Of course the majority of the water parks are inside, so they can have business year round.)

Our resort was absolutely beautiful.  In the wintertime, it is a ski resort, so it was neat to see the ski lift.  I wanted to ride it, but I guess they don't run it during the summer...boo! :(  All of the pictures below were taken at the resort.  Maybe one day we can go back in the winter and ski there.
 




On our first full day, we did The Lost Canyon tour.  The tour is given in a horse drawn carriage.  The scenery was beautiful and our guide had a pretty funny sense of humor.  I highly recommend this tour if you ever make it to The Dells.





 Our second day was spent at Noah's Ark Water Park.  We had initially intended to go on Thursday (the warmest day of our trip), but when we found out Tuesday was the last day the kids could get in free with an A on their report cards...we sucked it up and went then.  I say sucked it up, because the temperature when we got to the park was in the low 60's.  The water was crazy cold, but we still had a lot of fun.






On our third day we took a boat tour on the Wisconsin River.  The rock formations in The Dells are absolutely gorgeous.  We took The Upper Dells tour which was 2 1/2 hours and involved getting off the board and walking around in two of different areas...Witch's Gulch and Stand Rock. 











Our last day in The Dells was a bit of bummer for me.  Unfortunately, the night before, I was walking down the stairs in our room and fell.  It was not a graceful fall either.  My butt is totally bruised and I was sore for several days.  I was very thankful I didn't majorly hurt myself.  At first, I wasn't actually sure though. 

When we found I was losing my job, we told my parents we weren't going to be able to go on the vacation.  My parents sat and talked with us and we reached an agreement that would allow us to go.  I am so thankful that Mom and Dad talked us into going.  It was a much needed vacation and I enjoyed spending the time with my parents and my sister's family.  Our family vacations are so very special to us!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I am so behind! Your pictures are beautiful and I am glad y'all had a nice vacation away from the stresses of home. We are huge fans of going places that aren't necessarily "hot spots." We have taken vacations before when the budget didn't allow for a huge one and we made it work somehow because I don't want to waste time with the kids when they are young and actually want to hang out with us! :)


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved