Thursday, June 27, 2013

What I'm Thinking Thursday

So after my upbeat post yesterday, I need to have a complaint session for today's.  I had to situations happen today that are just infuriating.

The first was at my dentist appt this morning.  I'm not name the place, but it is one of those "cattle call" kind of offices where they have one dentist with multiple hygienists and assistants.  So the name of the game is over book, overbook, overbook.  On multiple occasions at this dentist, I have been left in the waiting for an hour after my appointment time.  It happened again today.  My appt was at 10:45.  By 11:15 they still hadn't called me back.  If I weren't losing my insurance coverage at the end of July and in need of a filing and a crown, I would've gone off.  But instead I politely told them I couldn't continue to wait, that this was not the first time and I rescheduled myself for their first appointment of the day next week.  It is just so frustrating when a person's time is disrespected like that.  Ugh!

The second happened at a fast food restaurant.  How many times has this happened to you?  You place your order in the drive thru.  You pay and then they ask you to pull forward and they'll bring it out to you.  Well...to be honest...I don't do that.  They have my money and I want my food.  Well tonight I ordered four shakes at this particular establishment.  When I pulled up, I paid for the order and asked that I also get a drink carrier.  My receipt and the carrier were handed to me at the same time.  But the carrier was empty.  Two shakes were sitting next to the register.  Then the cashier said, since you have a big order, you need to pull forward.  I politely told her I don't do that.  And she said, but the shakes for the people behind you will melt.  What?  They made two shakes for the people behind me before they even started my order?  You have got to be kidding me.  Needless to say, they were not very nice to me after that, but I sure did see them move pretty fast to get my shakes made.

When did people start disrespecting each other so much?  Have these situations happened to you?  If so, how do you handle them?

2 comments:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I've never had that happen with my dentist but it happens ALL THE TIME at my doctor's office. The almost never call me back on time. Drives me insane... but I love my doctor.

As for the second one. Hmm. Working in the food industry I know there are sometimes reasons why people who order LAST get their food FIRST. But I'm not sure how it works in fast food. So for that I could maybe give them the benefit of the doubt. Once.

Kendra said...

Oh, girl! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who won't pull forward. I used to until about 6 months ago at Steak n shake when I was told to pull forward and I sat there with 4 anxious kids for over 30 MINUTES! I was so angry. The manager came out and apologized and gave us a $50 gift card. It didn't make it better but I was happy that she acknowledged the situation. The next time we went they asked me to pull forward and I said no! I won't do it anywhere. I was burned once and it was was bad!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved