Monday, June 28, 2010

There's No Place Like Here

When I read books, I am NEVER one to read the last chapter or the last few pages to know how it ends...I have NEVER even been tempted to do this...until now. I fought the urge to know the ending of this story every time I picked up the book to read it. This is truly a wonderfully spun story about a Missing Persons investigator who goes missing herself. I truly enjoyed reading this story and I know it will stick with me for a long time as I truly felt Sandy's sense of yearning, loss and hope.


Since Sandy Shortt’s childhood classmate disappeared twenty years ago, Sandy has been obsessed with missing things. Finding becomes her goal- whether it’s the sock that vanished in the washing machine, the car keys she misplaced or the graver issue of finding the people who vanish from their lives. Sandy dedicates her life to finding these missing people, offering devastated families a flicker of hope.

Jack Ruttle is one of those desperate people. It’s been a year since his brother Donal vanished into thin air. Thinking Sandy Shortt could well be the answer to his prayers, he embarks on a quest to find her.

But when Sandy goes missing too, she stumbles upon the place – and people – she’s been looking for all her life. A world away from her loved ones and the home she ran from for so long, Sandy soon resorts to her old habit again, searching. Though this time, she is desperately trying to find her way home…

1 comment:

Angbrad03 said...

I read this one last summer and loved it. Very different book, but a captivating concept. Glad you enjoyed it!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved