Friday, September 17, 2010

False Victim by Kathie Truitt


Julie Patterson is a former Miss Mississippi with a successful husband, two wonderful children, and the lavish life that many can only dream about. Her life becomes even better when her husband receives a long-awaited promotion and the family moves to a neighborhood near Washington DC. Julie quickly makes friends with neighbors, except for the woman who lives behind her, who simply stares without acknowledgment of Julie. After a while, though, the woman, Lynn, warms up to Julie, and the two form a fast friendship. But this friendship quickly turns strange as Julie learns of Lynn's propensity to lie for attention. She and her family also notice that Lynn has gotten the same car as Julie, has begun to dress like Julie, is getting a pool just like Julie, and is consistently attempting to one-up Julie. At first everyone brushes it off, but when one lie threatens Julie's family, she begins to realize Lynn has some unknown agenda, and Julie is her target. No one else takes it seriously, and many neighbors side with Lynn, even as the situation begins to spiral out of control, until one is found on the stand for attempted murder. Is Lynn a False Victim, or could Julie be guilty? Is there an end to the madness? Will the story end happily? You'll be on the edge of your seat as you await the answers in this gripping, psychological thriller based on a true story.

My friend Nicole has a friend that works at Tate Publishing, so she is lucky enough to be told what the really good books coming out are and this is definitely one of them.

This isn't some amazing made up story, this crap is true...real life. I honestly couldn't put the book down, I had to know what crazy crap this woman was about to do next. In fact, I couldn't put it down so much that I read it in a day...and last night I was reading, lost track of time and before I knew it, I had been reading for 3 hours and it was mid-night. Snikies!

I think deep down, the things that happened to this poor woman are sort of a fear of mine. I've had some real crazies work for me through the years and there was even one that could have probably stooped to this level...especially when I had to fire her...yes, I was scared of her. So, reading this story really struck a nerve for me.

This one has a Lifetime movie written all over it. It's a must read suspenseful thriller. You will find yourself gasping at each event and praying to God that no one like this ever comes into your life.

Here is a great synopsis given by the author...the actual victim in this story...

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcwashington.com/video.



You can also go to her blog, Hillbilly Debutante, and see more evidence from this horrible situation.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

SO glad you loved it and can't wait to see who takes it tonight

Kathie Truitt said...

Thank you so much - I'm glad you enjoyed it. What an honor to be featured on your blog.

I'll let you know so when I do a book signing in your area and we can meet for lunch.
Thanks again,

Kathie

Crystal Clear As Mud said...

I can't wait to read this!!

Natalie said...

OMG! Kathie put a comment on your post! How cool! I really enjoyed this book also.


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved