Thursday, September 12, 2013

What I'm Thinking Thursday

Who would've thought that I would go "blogger silent" for such a long period of time?  Certainly not me.  I'm sorry for just abandoning you guys.  So, I'm gonna use today for a little catch up of sorts.  It might end up being a bit of a ramble, but what's new, right?

Today marks 6 weeks of unemployment.  In some ways it seems shorter than 6 weeks and in others it seems like it has been months and months.  I've done pretty good at keeping myself busy but I can only sit at my computer and fill out online job applications for so long.

I have completed several projects around the house and I plan to tell you all about those next week on "What I'm Up to Wednesday".  I've read a lot.  And I mean A LOT!  So over the next few weeks I will catch up with some reviews of my favorites on "Book Talk Tuesday".

My daily schedule consists of me getting up at 5:30 am, which is actually earlier than I got up when I was working.  Quinn has morning band practice each day at 7 and has to be on the field and ready at that time. So, I take him to school at 6:30 each morning.  Ashton's school starts at 7:45, so we leave the house at 7:15 to get her there.  (I had hoped to get to sleep in on the days that Tony is off from the fire station, but he has taken on a second job and works his days off from the station there.)  After getting the kids off to school, I come back home and take Ali for a morning walk.  It's been nice for both of us to stretch our legs.  Once we get home, I usually crawl back in bed, read for a little bit and take a short nap.  I figure I'm entitled since it is only 7:45 at this point.  I'm typically back up and ready to really start my day by 8:30 or 9.

I have lots to do in order to get myself back to a good mental state.  I've had a few really low days and the worst one had me in bed crying for over 3 hours.  I'm hoping that eventually the good days will stretch on further and the low days will be fewer.  I was emailing with my bestie Nicole this week and she really hit on a great way for me to get myself back in order.  Instead of trying to do a little bit of everything each day, I need to set specific days....a specific day to clean house...a specific day to job hunt....a specific day just for me.  Honestly, I know that sounds simple, but I think she has nailed the issue on the head.  Since I wasn't focusing on specific things each day, I was ending the days feeling like I wasn't making any progress.

It feels good to be back on here and talking to you guys...if there are any of you still out there.  I sure hope there are.  Please leave me comments.  If you have ever been in this place and have words of advice or words of encouragement, I'll take them.  Tomorrow is "Family Frenzy Friday" and I'll catch you guys up on what's happened in our crazy life.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you are back! I would check periodically just in case. I work the reception desk in the afternoon, so this will be short! I am glad that Nicole gave you some good advice and will help you get over the hurdle. Look forward to catching up. :)

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you are back! I love keeping up with you in between Book Club meetings. Remember, this too shall pass. I admire your strength and perseverance to turn this break into something positive. Even a good 3 hour cry fest will help clear the mind. I know, I've been there!

Kari said...

Welcome back! I'm a firm believer in routines so your friend was right. Make yourself a schedule and stick to it (I'm also slightly controlling, so take that with a grain of salt). Allow yourself to be sad but don't waller in it. That's what my momma would say, anyway. Just remember there's always a light at the end of the tunnel!

Crystal Clear As Mud said...

So glad you've made it back to blogging! I know you've had some really low points recently, I'm always here in case you want to talk your way through it! Love you and I know this will turn into something super fantastic for you soon!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved