Monday, February 21, 2011

A Weekend Filled with Books, Music and a Movie

What a weekend!

It all started Friday night with book club. We met at The Warren Theatre for dinner at Oscar's. Great food and great conversation!


After that, we went to see I Am Number Four. Most of us have read the book and just had to see the book brought to life on the big screen. (You can read my review of the book by clicking HERE.)


I think the movie was done very well and very closely depicted the book. It's so fun to see what I had imagined as I read the book match so closely to what the director imagined too. This movie was pretty intense in some scenes though. The Mogodorians are pretty dang scary. In fact, I had a nightmare Friday night and I swear I was imagining there was a Mog standing above our bed. Scared me to death.


I gave the book to Quinn for Christmas, so he, Tony and our friend, Madison, met our group for the movie too. Ashton didn't want to see it and after the Mogs being so scary, I was very happy she didn't come.


Saturday afternoon we took the kids to see Beauty and the Beast at the Civic Center. It was wonderful! They did such a great job with this show. If you ever get the chance to see it, I highly recommend it.



I love spending weekends with the people I love and doing the things I love. I can't imagine any other way that I would rather spend my time.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I am jealous!! You always find such fun things to do!! I should follow more in your footsteps. How FUN!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved